1. Select: Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access > On
2. Set Passcode
3. Next, press the home button to return to the home screen. Open up CORI Kiosk, and once loaded triple click the home button so that the Guided Access screen appears. Press Start.
4. Guided Access mode will begin, and your device will be locked down into one app.
5. If you need to disable touch on certain areas of the screen (e.g. on a webpage, to prevent users from typing a new URL into the address bar), access your Guided Access screen again by triple clicking the home button and entering your passcode.
6. Ensure that: Touch Option > On. You will now be able to draw a shape around any part of the screen, and adjust the position and size by pulling the corner circles. Press Resume (top right corner). This part of the screen will no longer react to touch.
To end Guided Access and regain full use of the iPad, triple click the home button again, enter your chosen passcode and select End in top left corner.
Guided Access also allows you to enable or disable hardware buttons on your iPad, including the Sleep/Wake and Volume buttons. Once your app is opened in Guided Access mode, select Hardware Buttons Options. Switching off Sleep/Wake Button and Volume Buttons disables their use meaning these buttons will not respond if pressed by users.