Hockey Makes You Physically Tough – the “BeGameReady” App Makes You Mentally Tough
Ottawa, Canada, December 23, 2015 (Newswire)
The “BeGameReady” app was launched by the Royal Ottawa Hospital, D.I.F.D. and the Ottawa Senators Foundation this week. The app, focuses on building mental wellness, resilience, and coping skills that will help young hockey players deal with stressful situations on and off the ice. BeGameReady is free and available in French and English for iOS and Android devices.
“It takes a strong body and a healthy mind for any athlete to play at their best because our state-of-mind impacts everything we do. We call this the mind-body connection.” said Nicole Loreto, Vice President, Communications and Partnerships, The Royal Ottawa Hospital. “BeGameReady uses clinically proven mental health tools and techniques to help young players deal with stress and understand and manage their emotions. The results are better focus, performance, and overall good health.”
“You’re already physically tough, so the app can make you mentally tough…it’ll help with your game,” says 11-year-old Marco Peloso, who plays for the Nepean Raiders.
The app uses clinically proven tools and techniques to help young hockey players: manage stress, understand their emotions and problem-solve as needed. It also includes tools that players, coaches and parents can use to provide positive feedback and build strong support among teams and families.
What’s inside BeGameReady (also please watch this video)?
- daily mood tracker and timeline to track and gain perspective on emotional ups and downs
- pre-game preparation tips to help players sharpen their minds and play at their best
- post-game strategies to help players celebrate successes or bounce back from defeat
- a feedback ‘decoder’ to help players interpret comments from their coaches, parents or other players that may otherwise cause them stress
- problem-solving guide to help identify and develop plans to address challenges
- stress buster strategies and breathing exercises to help calm the mind
- healthy eating tips for mind and body
- hockey cards that players can design and share with friends via social media
- ‘power pucks’ (positive affirmations) to help spread positive energy throughout the team
BeGameReady was developed and is supported using Purple Forge’s award winning SaaS platform. Purple Forge is responsible for a range of innovative and impactful association, government and health care related solutions including:
- The award winning Norfolk General Hospital app which helps patients understand and find the appropriate care options. The app also supports visitors to the hospital by providing self-help for common questions and information on regional emergency room wait times.
- The OSI Connect app which provides mental health learning and self-management to help OSI patients and their families understand the nature of operational stress injuries (OSIs) and to provide help through the OSI Clinic Network across Canada. The resources on OSI Connect address challenges including post-traumatic stress and triggers, depression, anger, sleep problems, substance abuse, stress management and more.
About Purple Forge
Purple Forge is an award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) provider of mobile-first community engagement and self service solutions. Our customers include: Governments, Venues, Telecommunications Service Providers, Financial Institutions, and Membership-based Organizations. Purple Forge’s platform and applications offer a wide range of features that span web, mobile, wearables, social, location based services, iBeacons and the Internet of Things. Our solutions increase customer engagement, provide insights into unmet customer needs and reduce service delivery costs. Purple Forge is an IBM Watson Ecosystem Partner. For more information about Purple Forge, please visit http://www.purpleforge.com.