Mobile Apps – What Are Governments Doing?
Governments around the world are rolling out mobile as part of their digital strategy.
Government deployment of mobile apps are driven by the desire to:
- support increased accessibility, availability and reach of government services and information
- help citizens help themselves
- support economic growth
- make government work better
Examples of the types of mobile apps that are being developed and deployed may be found at the following sites:
- US Federal DigitalGov Directory
- US States
- New York State
- Virginia State
- Tennesse State
- The State of New Jersey
- Department of Homeland Security
- US Government Printing Office
- UK Government
- Canadian Federal Government [App Directory] [Open Data App Directory]
- HK Gov
- Government of South Australia
- Australia Victorian State Government
- Government of Oman
- United Nations
Purple Forge offers proven, reliable and economical community engagement and self service mobile-first solutions for governments.