Case Study – How are Associations Using Mobile Smartphone Apps?
Associations, unions, trade groups, advocacy, and lobby organizations are increasingly deploying mobile applications to complement existing communications tools and channels.
Membership-based organizations in general are using mobile applications to support on-the-go engagement with members who are increasingly using mobile smartphones as their primary method to find information.
Specific uses include:
- Meetings and conventions
- Realtime communications
- Membership community building / facilitating member-to-member communication
- Registration for events and meetings
- Membership consultations
- Co-ordination and mobilizing members / call to action
- Industry specific services
- Communicating member benefits
- Keeping members informed about new events, programs
- Keeping members abreast of legislative, regulatory news
- Generating revenue from sponsorships and advertising