Canadian Internet use is shifting from “PC” to mobile and tablet (and multiscreen)
- Leading mobile usage include social networking (#2), search (#3), instant messaging (#4) and local/world news (#6)
- 57% of mobile users conduct web searches on their devices
- We’re watching 33% more video than in 2012, likely due to an increase in 3G and 4G (LTE) service.
- 75% of Canadians own a smartphone. Android leads (44% share), iPhones (35%) and RIM (15%).
- Mobile social networking up 25% each month, and up 23% for “almost every day” use.
- Tablet ownership increased 36%. Apple dominates (55%), Android (37%) and Blackberry (10%).
- 31% of smartphone owners and 35% of tablet owners use their device while watching television.
- The same person will use different devices at various times during the day.
- “Smartphones rule our mornings. Desktops rule our days. Tablets rule our evenings.”
Reference: Digital public affairs view of Comscore’s 2014 Digital Future in Focus report