New app launched to aid local voters
The Sonoma County Registrar of Voters Office has launched Sonoma County Elections, a mobile app for iPhone/iPad and Android mobile devices.
The Sonoma County Elections app is a way for voters in Sonoma County to access the information they need to help them vote in the upcoming primary election on June 3.
The app is free to download from the App Store and Google Play.
The Sonoma County Elections app offers features such as:
• Voter registration information, including current voter registration address;
• Access to California online voter registration through the Secretary of State;
• Sample ballot and local voter information pamphlet containing information about candidates and measures on the ballot;
• Location of assigned polling place;
• Vote by mail application and voted ballot tracking information;
• Political districts look-up;
• Election results (past and present);
• Campaign finance statements.
“Our mobile applications are part of the Registrar of Voters Going Green Initiative and will provide timely information to voters on the go,” said Bill Rousseau, County Clerk and Registrar of Voters for Sonoma County.
“With these apps, we anticipate that over time we will be able to reduce the amount of information we have to print and mail to citizens, while providing them with a way to access election information on an anytime, anywhere basis. To date, we’ve had more than 24,000 voters opt to access their Sample Ballots and Voter Information Pamphlets online.
We feel voters should have non-partisan, essential voting information in the palm of their hand, right at their fingertips.”
For more information, contact the Registrar of Voters Office at (800) 750-8683, (707) 565-6800 or TDD (707) 565-6888.