Case Study – Government of Canada, Royal Tour App
Royal Tour / Tournée Royale was the official application from the Government of Canada (Heritage Canada/Citizenship and Immigration) for the 2011 Royal Tour of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to Canada.
The Royal Tour app was focused on increasing accessibility of information related to the Royal tour and encouraging the users to share content with their friends or create and share their own content using the postcard feature.
- Most downloaded app in Canadian Government History (as of Sept 2011)
- Featured in Apple iTunes Store
- 4 star rating
- #3 social networking app in Canada
- #31 overall app in Canada
- Over 20,000 downloads
- Unique Features: Coverflow layout, Postcard, Multi-lingual (English/French), CLF-compliant, Accessibility-compliant, Discovery Directories
- Massive television, radio and newspaper coverage